I am waking up this morning, stuffed from turkey, sweet potato stuffing (or is it yam stuffing here?) and pumpkin pie. I never tasted pumpkin pie before. I now want to eat a whole pie by myself. It was delicious. It was smooth and sweet and spicy and filling. I have found a recipe that I will bring back to Ireland. It beat Beavertail and Poutine hands down.
In honour of this day, I am going to list all that I am thankful for today:
- Pumpkin pie. Well done.
- The kindness of my mostly Australian house-mates who put together the feast.
- Briony and Allyson, fellow working-late colleagues who joined me at midnight around the dinner table
- My health. Mind, body and spirit.
- Today off. I. Am. Tired.
- My good friend, Mrs. King, who e-mailed me yesterday several times and moved me from feeling blah to feeling Blessed.
- The trees outside that are now pale yellows and golds: Canadian Fall at its best.
- The Rocky Mountains.
- The encouragement and inspiration from those who helped get me here.
- Peanut butter.
- Ciarán for telling me to run and to write.
- Coffee Pots. Even when I didn’t have a kitchen sink, the Canadians still gave me a coffee pot.
- My family who always keep in touch.
- The internet and its devices that help us keep that touch.
- Annie, my second cousin in Toronto, who keeps checking in on me.
- Siobhan, for singing with passion.
- Biro Holding and Michelle for the big bed and the desk in this bedroom. It really is the little things.
- My mother, for teaching me to value, care and treasure my dolls. I am only understanding the lesson now.
What are you thankful for today?